Adding an Appointment
You can add a patient in Avaros Open EMR with just a few clicks:
- In the schedule view, select the time slot you would like to add an appointment to.
- In the “Add Appointment” window, search for the patient you would like to schedule an appointment for by entering their last name in the search box and selecting “Search”.
- In the new “Search” window, select the patient you would like to schedule the appointment for by selecting their demographic number.
- Back in the appointment window, make sure to update the appointment details as needed (Such as the reason for the visit, duration, critical status, etc.)
- Once you’re done entering the relevant information, Select “Add Appointment” and the Patient will be scheduled as requested. A schedule banner will appear in the scheduled time slot as shown below.
6. The status of the patient’s appointment can be changed by selecting the icon to the left of the patient’s name in their scheduled slot (such as “To Do”, “Daysheet Printed”, “Here”, “Picked”, etc.)
7. To validate the patient’s health card on file, select the “HCV” button in the patients appointment banner. A green checkmark means the health card is valid. A red cross indicates an invalid health card.
8. To edit an appointment, simply select the name of the patient in the schedule banner and make the changes as needed (update the time, duration, reason, etc.). You can also delete the appointment by selecting “Delete Appointment”.